Started reading the book Empowered and man it starts great. A good case study of Maytag not listening to the rants of Dooce/Heather and at page 7 some fine conclusions to think about. I like these conclusions so I blog them here:
- To succeed with empowered customers, you must empower your employees to solve customer problems.
- The ideas don’t come from management
- Management’s new job is to support and empower employees
- The technology does not come from the information technology department; IT’s new job is to support and empower employees
- It’s a complete inversion of the top-down way companies run. And it’s the only way to thrive in the age of the empowered customers