Attentionomics Captivating Attention in the Age of Content Decay
Great presentation of Steve Rubel from Edelman Digital about value creation with infinite content options (space) yet finite attention (time) and personalized social algorithms curating it all for us.
See what can be done:
The first set of solutions covers space. It explains how to scale their surface area via digital embassies by:
- Hand-crafting your content for each embassy
- Activating employees as thought leaders
- Tightly integrating owned and social assets
The second section covers time and how to make it your ally through “dayparted engagement.” The action steps here include:
- Practicing mindfulness with bifocal awareness (different than, but related to monitoring)
- Optimizing for the best times to engage
- Testing, planning and measuring
What I like most are the statement:
- social isn’t a channel, It’s a behavior.
- Experts and those in the know are trusted and can act as thought leaders
Attentionomics Captivating Attention in the Age of Content DecayView more presentations from Edelman .