The State Of Consumers And Technology: 2005
Forrester Research did a benchmark survey on how 70,000 US and Canadian households adoption and use technology.
The outcomes, which are part of a teleconference session on September 1st:
- Three times as many technology optimists as pessimists use the Internet
Broadband is just now reaching the mainstream.
- Home networking is stalled below 10% of households.
- Half of 18-25-yr-olds use cell phones for long distance.
- Sharing photos is the fourth-most popular online activity.
- This is the device decade of the century.
- Three percent of households publish blogs; 6% read them.
- Internet nomads watch 3 hours per week less TV.
- Twice as many technology optimists as pessimists shop online.
- The importance of brand is at a new (low) level.
You can see detailed information about each topic in this powerpoint presentation: the surprising facts about consumers and technology (ppt 1.1 mb)