The European Home PC Market
Forrester Research’s conclusions of the report The European Home PC Market (pdf, after registering):
- Greater consumer engagement with digital content
- Well-designed PCs being proudly displayed in the home
- Faster broadband and home networking adoption as a prelude to the digital home
Below you can find recommendations and figures in ppt and excel!
HOME PCS WILL BE IN 62% OF WESTERN EUROPEAN HOUSEHOLDS BY 2010:
- Fast growth in Southern European countries
- Continued home PC investment in the UK and Germany.
- Even higher penetration figures in Scandinavian markets.
- Adapt: Accept that not everyone will want a PC in the living room.
- Expand: Look to Eastern Europe for unit sales growth — but not necessarily profit.
- Explore: Look to consumer electronics for a broader revenue base — but take care.
- Partner: Look to form partnerships to capture the digital home early adopters.
Figure: The Western European Home PC Landscape (ppt, excel)
Figure: The Profile Of Western European Consumers With Home PCs (ppt, excel)
Figure: Forecast: Western European Households With Home PCs, 2005 To 2010 (excel)
For those interested I can email you a copy of the report. Please leave a message in the comments.